Let's dive into the world of robust flavours and nutrient-packed ingredients with this impressive Vegan Shakshuka with Tofu Scramble. I discovered this dish in September 2022 while travelling in Jordon. It was the morning after we tracked 6 hours in Petra in 40c heat. Just like that trek, this recipe is a champion. A balance of nutrition and taste, keeping your health goals at the forefront without compromising on the joy of eating delicious food.
Do you love the satisfaction of a good workout? This dish delivers the same feeling but in a culinary form. High in protein from tofu, low in calories, and filled with a variety of vibrant, health-promoting vegetables, this meal is the edible equivalent of a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) session.
As I advocate for holistic fitness and health, this Vegan Shakshuka with Tofu Scramble ticks all the boxes: it's nourishing, filling, and bursting with flavour. This recipe is here to challenge the misconception that healthy, plant-based meals are bland or unsatisfying.
Who Said Tofu Can't Join the Shakshuka Party?
Whether you're a seasoned vegan, trying out plant-based eating, or just aiming to incorporate more healthful meals into your routine, this recipe is an excellent choice. So, get ready to flex your culinary muscles and prepare a dish that's as good for your body as it is tantalising to your taste buds. It's time to spice up your kitchen workout!
Here are five reasons, that this Vegan Shakshuka with Tofu Scramble is the bee's knees:
1. Protein-Packed: Just like a proper PT session, this recipe is loaded with protein from tofu, helping fuel your muscles, and keep you feeling fuller for longer. It's plant-based protein power at its finest!
2. Low-Calorie, Big Taste: Even though it's a low-calorie dish, this shakshuka doesn't skimp on flavour. It's a great choice if you're conscious about maintaining a calorie deficit but don't want to compromise on taste.
3. Nutrient-Dense: Packed full of vegetables, this dish is a nutritional powerhouse, providing essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It's all about the quality of the calories you consume, not just the quantity.
4. Versatility: Perfect for any meal - breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It's as flexible as a yoga instructor and fits around your daily routine, whatever that might look like.
5. Simple and Easy: You don't need to be a Michelin-star chef to knock this up. It's straightforward, uses easy-to-find ingredients, and is ready in a jiffy. It's like a no-nonsense, effective workout - but for your kitchen!
Vegan Shakshuka with Tofu Scramble Recipe- 400 calories per serving.Serves 2.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper (red or green), chopped
- 1 small chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200g firm tofu, crumbled
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and chilli to the pan and sauté until the vegetables are soft.
3. Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree, cumin, and paprika to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
4. Meanwhile, in another pan, lightly fry the crumbled tofu until it's golden and a bit crispy.
5. Once the shakshuka sauce has thickened, add the fried tofu to the pan and stir to combine.
6. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes to allow the tofu to absorb some of the sauce.
7. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and coriander before serving.
This recipe serves 2-3 people. Enjoy!
This Vegan Shakshuka with Tofu Scramble is a game-changer.
It's the nutritional equivalent of a workout - maximising results, boosting your health, and fitting seamlessly into your fitness journey. It's protein-packed, low in calories but high in flavour, nutrient-dense, versatile, and simple to prepare. What's not to love?
By incorporating dishes like this into your diet, you're not just ticking the 'vegan' box - you're actively choosing to fuel your body with what it needs to thrive, much like choosing an effective, well-rounded workout over a quick fix.
So, whether you're a vegan for life, trying Meatless Mondays, or just looking to add some new, exciting, healthy dishes to your repertoire, this Vegan Shakshuka with Tofu Scramble is a winner. It's about making sustainable choices that serve your body and your taste buds. Try it out, and trust me, you'll want to make it repeatedly!
Remember, a balanced diet is just as essential to your health and fitness goals as your training routine. After all, you can't out-train a bad diet. Eat well, train smart, and stay consistent.
So, ready to roll up your sleeves and dive into this delicious, nutrient-rich shakshuka? Your taste buds are in for a treat, and your body will thank you. Let's get cooking!
Let's get real. You're fed up with fad diets, eating bland meals, and still not seeing the results you want, right? I know exactly where you're coming from. As a professional chef and personal trainer, each with a decade of experience, I've been in the trenches and know what works and what doesn't.
Imagine having a personalised diet plan created by someone who not only knows the ins and outs of effective workouts but also knows how to whip up a delicious meal. Someone who understands that your love for food doesn't have to contradict your fitness goals. That's what I'm here to offer. A diet plan that's as enjoyable as it is effective.
Picture digging into a plate of mouth-watering Vegan Shakshuka with Tofu Scramble, loaded with flavour and perfect for your fitness targets. Imagine having a host of such dishes at your disposal, all designed with your personal goals in mind, marrying the culinary expertise of a pro chef with the practical know-how of a personal trainer.
It's time to kick fad diets and unsatisfying meals to the curb. Let's turn up the heat on your weight loss journey, and make it something you can enjoy, not endure. With my bespoke diet plans for weight loss, I'm bringing you a solution that's rooted in reality, not gimmicks.
Ready to eat well, train smart, and see actual results? Click the link, sign up for your personalised diet plan, and let's make your fitness goals a flavoursome reality! It's about time you had a plan that works for you, not against you.
Remember, you don't have to trade taste for fitness. With the right plan, you can have your cake and eat it too (well, a healthier version anyway!). Let's get started!
Frequently asked questions and answers about the Vegan Shakshuka with Tofu Scramble recipe:
1. Q: Can I use any type of tofu for this recipe?
A: It's best to use firm tofu for this recipe as it holds its shape and texture well when cooked.
2. Q: Can I replace the canned tomatoes with fresh ones?
A: Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time to ensure they break down and create a sauce-like consistency.
3. Q: I don't have fresh chilli, can I use chilli powder instead?
A: Yes, you can replace the fresh chilli with about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder, depending on how spicy you want your shakshuka.
4. Q: Can I add other vegetables to the shakshuka?
A: Absolutely! You can add other vegetables such as courgette (zucchini), aubergine (eggplant), or spinach. Just remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
5. Q: Can I make this recipe in advance
A: Yes, you can prepare the shakshuka sauce in advance and reheat it when ready to serve. Add the tofu scramble just before serving to maintain its texture.
6. Q: Is this recipe gluten-free?
A: Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten-free. However, if you have a severe gluten intolerance or coeliac disease, ensure all your ingredients, especially the tofu, are certified gluten-free.
7. Q: Can I freeze leftovers?
A: Yes, you can freeze any leftovers. Just ensure it's fully cooled before freezing and consume it within 3 months for the best taste.
8. Q: How many calories does this dish contain?
A: A rough estimate is around 300-350 calories per serving, depending on the specific ingredients used.
9. Q: Can I add vegan cheese to this recipe?
A: Yes, if you'd like to add vegan cheese, feel free to sprinkle some on top before serving.
10. Q: Is this recipe suitable for those on a plant-based diet?
A: Yes, this recipe is completely vegan and suitable for those following a plant-based diet.